Right to Know Unit
Captain Taylor Moss
|Right to Know Unit
PO Box 66168
Baton Rouge, LA 70896
(225) 925-6113 Ext. 3
The Right to Know Unit was created in 1987 to implement the requirements of the Hazardous Material Information Development,
Preparedness, and Response Act.
For Regulations questions or problems, please e-mail Gene Dunegan
Louisiana Emergency Response Commission (LERC)
Junk or Scrap Metal Transaction Report
Important Changes to Explosives Law
Act No. 898 - House Bill No. 1305
Title 33:V Environmental Quality: Hazardous Waste and Hazardous Materials, Subpart 2. Dept. of Public Safety and Corrections - Hazardous Materials. Chapter 101. Hazardous Material Information Development
Hazardous Materials Information Development, Preparedness, and Response Act
RS 30:2361-2380 - After opening this link, click the "next section" link to proceed to each subsequent section.
TIER TWO FILING
Tier Two Renewal
Tier Two Inventory Filing Web Site
For Tier Two questions or problems, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
FINAL AMENDMENTS TO EPCRA REGULATIONS
Excerpt from EPRCA - EPA finalized several changes to the Emergency Planning (Section 302), Emergency Release Notification (Section 304) and Hazardous Chemical Reporting (Sections 311 and 312) regulations (63 FR 31268). These changes include clarification on how to report hazardous chemicals in mixtures, and changes to Tier I and Tier II forms. Additionally, the rules now use a question and answer format. Facilities subject to EPCRA reporting, State Emergency Response Commissions (SERCs), Local Emergency Planning Committees (LEPCs) and fire departments should become familiar with the new regulation.
TRANSPORTATION RELEASE AND INCIDENT REPORTING CRITERIA
Act No. 107 of the 2004 Regular Session (House Bill No. 811) - lists changes to the Transportation of Hazardous Materials Law L.R.S. 32:1510 regarding reporting of hazardous materials incidents, accidents and cleanups.
Transportation, CFR 49
Motor Vehicles and Traffic Regulation, Title 32 - After opening this link, click the "Next Section" link to proceed to each subsequent section.
Act No. 653 of the 2010 Regular Session (Senate Bill 480) - lists changes to the Transportation of Hazardous Materials Law L.R.S. 32:1518 relative to hazardous transportation and motor carrier safety; to provide relative to revocation of hazardous materials endorsements on a commercial driver’s license; and provide for related matter.
Hazardous Material Information Development, Preparedness, and Response Act Documents
Tier Two Renewal
- Tier Two Instructions
- Fees Calculation Worksheet (For Information Only - Do Not Send Unless Small Business Filing Hard Copy)
- Tier Two Form (For Information Only - Do Not Send Unless Small Business Filing Hard Copy)
- Most Commonly Asked Questions and Answers Regarding the Right-to-Know Laws
- Brief Summary of the Right-to-Know Law on Tier Two Inventory Filing
- Fixed Site Release and Incident Reporting Criteria
- Transportation Release and Incident Reporting Criteria
- Uniform Hazardous Materials Reporting Form
- The List of Extremely Hazardous Substances
- LEPC Emergency Release Notification Phone List
- State of Louisiana Local Emergency Planning Committees
- E-Filing Process
- Common Problems and Solutions
- Commonly Asked Questions and Answers